What is Major Depressive Disorder?
AVEBLOGS – When we feel sad often we regard it as a depression. Actually feel sad is a reasonable thing we tasted. Things that can make a person experiencing depression is great psychological pain that lasts a long time and possibly the longer will grow worse. All disorders depression will affect negatively and decrease the quality of life of people who experienced it. In the year 2030, Major Depressive Disorder is forecast to be one of the causes of the disruption of global functions, equivalent to a human heart disease and HIV/AIDS (Mathers & Loncar, 2016).
Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) a lot more happens when teens and early adulthood. MDD includes unipolar mood disorders. That is, for the diagnosed MDD experience, one must undergo at least one or more Major Depressive episodes (MDE). Unlike the bipolar mood disorder sufferer is experiencing good episodes of depression or manic.
MDE lasts two weeks or more, and individuals will suffer from some or all of the following symptoms:
- Flooded with a feeling sad or angry that continuously.
- Feel guilty and worthless.
- Lose interest in activities even previously favored social interest and reduced.
- Easily tired.
- Difficult to focus or experiencing hopelessness.
- Changing eating patterns (irregular eating or eating too much).
- Repeatedly acted to kill yourself or die.
- The agitation Motor (motor a great increase in activity) or psychomotor retardation (decrease in the quality of the motion motor).
There are also specific characteristics of people who experience the MDD:
Change in the emotional state: changes in Mood (feeling depressed, sad and mourning), quick temper and temperament
- The change of Motivation: feeling unmotivated, declining interest in social activities, his reduced interest in sex and failed to respond to a compliment.
- Enabling change and behavior: Behavioral response to stimulation the motor to be slower than usual, sleep habits or patterns of change.
- Cognitive changes: hard the concentration of and think clearly, thinking negatively about yourself and the future, always feel guilt, low self-esteem, thinking of death or suicide.
How Is Major Depressive Disorder Understood?
The researchers believe that the offspring play an important role in the MDD. However, genetic factors are not the only determinant of MDD, nor is it the most important determinant factors. Environmental factors, such as exposure to a stressful life event, seems to play a role that is almost the same magnitude than genetically. It seems that MDD is a complex disorder that is caused by a combination of genetic factors and environment. Genetic factors may play a larger role in explaining bipolar disorder rather than a unipolar depression (Krehbiel, 2000).
More info: Emotional Disorders | Depression, Anxiety etc.